The Gerontological Society of America’s highly cited, peer-reviewed journals are continuing to publish scientific articles on COVID-19, and all are free to access. The following were published between July 29 and September 1; all are free to access:
- Clinical Characteristics and Outcomes of 821 Older Patients with SARS-Cov-2 Infection Admitted to Acute Care Geriatric Wards: Research article in The Journals of Gerontology, Series A: Biological Sciences and Medical Sciences by Lorène Zerah, MD, PhD, Édouard Baudouin, MD, Marion Pépin, MD, PhD, Morgane Mary, MD, Sébastien Krypciak, MD, Céline Bianco, MD, Swasti Roux, MD, Ariane Gross, MD, Charlotte Toméo, MD, Nadège Lemarié, MD, Antoine Dureau, MD, Sophie Bastiani, MD, Flora Ketz, MD, Clémence Boully, MD, Cédric de Villelongue, MD, Mouna Romdhani, MD, Marie-Astrid Desoutter, MD, Emmanuelle Duron, MD, PhD, Jean-Philippe David, MD, PhD, Caroline Thomas, MD, Elena Paillaud, MD, PhD, Pauline de Malglaive, MD, Eric Bouvard, MD, Mathilde Lacrampe, MD, Elise Mercadier, MD, Alexandra Monti, MD, Olivier Hanon, MD, PhD, Virginie Fossey-Diaz, MD, Lauriane Bourdonnec, MD, Bruno Riou, MD, PhD, Hélène Vallet, MD, PhD, and Jacques Boddaert, MD, PhD, and APHP / Universities / Inserm COVID-19 research collaboration
- Gender Divides in Engagement with COVID-19 Information on the Internet among U.S. Older Adults: Research report in The Journals of Gerontology, Series B: Psychological Sciences and Social Sciences by Celeste Campos-Castillo, PhD
- Lost Touch? Implications of Physical Touch for Physical Health: Research report in The Journals of Gerontology, Series B: Psychological Sciences and Social Sciences by Patricia A. Thomas, PhD, and Seoyoun Kim, PhD
- Nursing Home Social Workers Perceptions of Preparedness and Coping for COVID-19: Research report in The Journals of Gerontology, Series B: Psychological Sciences and Social Sciences by Vivian J Miller, PhD, LSW, Noelle L Fields, PhD, LCSW, Keith A Anderson, PhD, MSW, Nancy Kusmaul, PhD, MSW, and Christy Maxwell, MSW Student
- Older Adults with Coronavirus Disease 2019; A Nationwide Study in Turkey: Research article in The Journals of Gerontology, Series A: Biological Sciences and Medical Sciences by Mert Esme, MD, Meltem Koca, MD, Ayse Dikmeer, MD, Cafer Balci, MD, Naim Ata, MD, Burcu Balam Dogu, MD, Mustafa Cankurtaran, MD, Meltem Yilmaz, Osman Celik, Gulnihal Gokce Unal, MD, Mustafa Mahir Ulgu, MD, and Suayip Birinci, MD
- Age Moderates Perceived COVID-19 Disruption on Well-being: Research article in The Gerontologist by Amy Knepple Carney, PhD, Allyson S. Graf, PhD, Grace Hudson, BS, and Ellen Wilson, MS
- Changes in Subjective Age During COVID-19: Research article in The Gerontologist by Antonio Terracciano, PhD, Yannick Stephan, PhD, Damaris Aschwanden, PhD, Ji Hyun Lee, PhD, Amanda A. Sesker, PhD, Jason E. Strickhouser, PhD, Martina Luchetti, PhD, and Angelina R. Sutin, PhD
- Media Effects on Individual Worldview and Wellness for Long Term Care Residents Amid The COVID-19 Virus: Forum article in The Gerontologist by David Schroyer, MS, BSW, CTP
- The Interpersonal and Psychological Impacts of COVID-19 on Risk for Late-Life Suicide: Forum article in The Gerontologist by Julia L. Sheffler, PhD, Natalie J. Sachs-Ericsson, PhD, Thomas E. Joiner, PhD
New Webinar: «Reframing Aging: A Primer for Health Care Professionals»
Healthcare professionals working on the frontlines of the COVID-19 pandemic are confronted daily with communication choices. Research by the FrameWorks Institute on aging and ageism shows that words matter. This webinar presented by the Reframing Aging Initiative covers four ideas to keep in mind when talking about older people and health equity in health care settings during the pandemic.
The Gerontological Society of America (GSA) is the nation’s oldest and largest interdisciplinary organization devoted to research, education, and practice in the field of aging. The principal mission of the Society — and its 5,500+ members — is to advance the study of aging and disseminate information among scientists, decision makers, and the general public. GSA’s structure also includes a policy institute, the National Academy on an Aging Society.
Disclaimer: AAAS and EurekAlert! are not responsible for the accuracy of news releases posted to EurekAlert! by contributing institutions or for the use of any information through the EurekAlert system.